Sunday, June 29, 2014

JUNE 2014 DOWN 19 POUNDS

Hi everyone. 

It took a week for me to get the NS food so I wasn't able to start the program until June 8th. The food is so much better than it was in 2006 when I was last on the program.  They have frozen foods now! I only got the frozen dessert sampler with my Big Brown Box which they refer to as BBB.  I did get the weekends my way plan. However I am usually taking a Tuesday and Friday as the flex day not the whole weekend.  I am afraid if I did the whole weekend off or flex days as they call it I would not be able to get back on and I might also gain as my weigh in day is Sunday. There will be some weeks when I may take another day as the Flex day depending on what is going on each month. Like this month we had a community lunch on a Wednesday so I took that as my Flex day and really watched what I ate.  

This month as the title says I lost a total of 19 pounds with 15 of that being on the program.  I had lost 4 additional pounds while waiting for the food to arrive.  It is so refreshing not to have to be bored with my food selections and not to have any guilt if I want macaroni and cheese as NS has that too.  The frozen desserts and the shelf desserts are fantastic as well as many of the other meals.  

 I saw several posts of people talking about a lunch crock and have it really helps the food stay warm and tastes better especially if additional PF and SC are added.  I did get one this past Monday and OMGosh what a difference it makes in the taste,  and temperature of the food. I am eating foods now that before I had such guilt over eating.  No more boredom over eating the same kinds of foods and so much less stress involved when shopping.

One thing though, I need to get use to cooking again  as my roommate had been cooking for the last 2 years.  The other work day I tried to poached an egg and gave myself a real nice burn.  I picked up the egg pan and wheeled over to the sink as I did that the water in the bottom of the pan splashed out and all over my left leg. I now have a second degree burn with blistering.  There is no pain so that is good, but I am sure there will be a real nice scar to remind me of how absent minded I can be.  

 I already have my second box of frozen and my BBB box. This time it arrived in like 4 days instead of a week.  I haven't gone through it yet as I still have food on the shelf and want to use it up before putting more out. I got the dessert frozen sampler again but changed up the BBB. So this month there will be some foods I didn't have lost month. I know this next month will not be as great a weight loss but I do hope to lose at least 10 pounds.  

I hope you will come back and visit next month to see my progress.  Till thna have a Happy and Healthy month.

 

No comments: