Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 was a bust

As you can see I haven't posted anything since February of 2011 and since this is end of 2012 and aNew Year is almost starting I decided to post again. Well that was the case until tonight   I some how deleted what I had previously posted in 2012. So I will try to do some memory recall here.  Keep in mind my short term memory is not what it use to be. 

In January I  did  start the 1880 calorie plan and  Curves for awhile.   I got my 20 pound reward which was to go to a conference in April that I had wanted to attend. I also meet someone in March and by April he flaked out after 3 dates and never contacted me again. After April I also flaked out on my new food and exercise program and blew the rest of the year.

In June M and I decided to look for a Condo to share and we did find one but when the inspection took place there was over and additional $5,000 in repairs so we broke the contract.  I had already begun to  put things in storage so I just kept on going. I also tried to sell things on Ebay and Craigslist .

 In Aug I took in a roommate who would have been homeless as Donna ( a friend) had passed away and her kids were booting him out of the condo he had shared with her for the past 5 years. I needed the help as it was getting more and more difficult for me to get things done around here and grocery shop as well. Anyhow we tried to have a yard sale but it was a bust and almost everything went to Good Will. The roommate G still has no full time job but he is managing to do some part time work for a MS friend and people in the community where I live.  In Aug I did manage to get him to get food stamps so he is helping to pay for groceries which is great as after Aug my health took a turn for the worse. He has to renew the food stamps soon and hopefully get a full time job as money is very tight.


While at work one Tuesday in late Aug I twisted the wrong way while trying to sit because there was a magnifying floor to ceiling lamp behind my chair and I couldn't get the chair back all the way. I dislocated my knee and in less than 2 hours I couldn't get up off the typing chair.  The ambulance was called and they got me up on my feet while trying to get on the stretcher I think the knee cap when back in. But they took me to the hospital anyhow.  Now I have to pay over $250.00 for that trip to the ER.

In Oct I had a cat scan done as I have a lump around my bellybutton which the Dr and I believe is a hernia. The results of that scan did reveal a hernia plus gallstones and a lump on my right lower lung lope. That scan cost me $95.00. Right after that test my van died again. This time it is the body control modula which controls the Electronic Control Modula which controls the speed, gas, and other instrument cluster panels gadgets. So I have been without a van and still. It has been 32 months.  Greg has been taking me to and from work and grocery shopping and for the Dr appt and test. After the cat scan I had to go to a Pet scan in Nov to see if the lump was cancerous. Thank God it is benign and only 1 Cm big. I do have to go every 3 months for the next 2 years to make sure it doesn't grow anymore or become cancerous. Because of this I switched to a different medical plan which will reduce the cost of my co-pays.  I will see the new Dr in Jan.

So this brings me to 12-31-12  A New Year will soon be here 2013. The number 13 is usually associated with being an unlucky number but for some strange reason I feel it will be a good year for me.  I will be celebrating my 57th Birthday in about 6 weeks and would really like to see my 60th Birthday. So with the New Year 2013 coming  I will once again attempt to get this weight off of me once and for all. Last time I weighed (the day of the Pet scan  in November) I was 366.  This past weekend I  joined 6 groups and 2 challenges on  Myfitnesspal so by this time next year I  plan  to have lost at least 104 or more pounds, be much healthier and maybe even able to walk without the walker and canes.   I will be weighing in on  Jan 2nd for the start day of the 50 day challenge and again on Jan 5th for the start day of the BL challenge. I will be following WW again but on my own at home. No more classes for me. I will be keeping track of my points and tracking on the daily log.  For my Birthday I plan to buy this charm bracelet  
 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Connections-from-Hallmark-Stainless-Steel-Celebrate-Life-Starter-Bracelet-7.25/17772225  and for every 25 pounds I lose I will add a charm that will reflect changes or significant accomplishments  in my life as I take this weight loss journey,  I hope my friends on facebook and myfitnesspal will be following my progress and commenting. Your support and motivation will help me during the rough and tough days that I am sure to face. 


Thanks for reading this posting.
 Stay Happy and Healthy

No comments: