Saturday, June 29, 2013

NEW ME IN 2014


HI All 
The title on this post is also the title on myfitnesspal profile post.  I had joined MFP in 2012 and had posted there a few times in 2012 but by March stopped the WW program and stopped posting.  In December 2012 I once again decided come The New Year I would try again. So here is what I decided for now. 
After much research of food plans, exercise plans, reward plans and looking into my financial budget I decided on what I will do.  I wish to explain most of it here as the profile seems to be getting bigger and bigger and many may not be interested in reading all that I wrote over there.  If you entered in my blog I know that you are interested in knowing more about me, my plans and my journey.

FOOD PLAN:  Will follow the AT HOME WW points plus program with a modification.  I was on this plan back in 2009 and they gave me 52 points. Back than it was way too high a caloric count as in 16 weeks I only lost 15 pounds.  I lowered my points down to 38 and lost 11 pounds the first week I did it. I did this for 2 more weeks and lost an additional  7 pounds fro 20 pounds lost in 3 weeks.  I was so happy until they told me I had to either bring my points back up or leave. I walked out the door. I keep going for a few more weeks on my own don't even remember how much I lost but gained it back plus more.
So this year here is my plan:    WW points 43 to 50 -eat the foods that I want to  eat (good foods not so much junk) but stay within that range. I made this a range with the extra 49 points per week. So instead of trying to eat 43 points each day and than have 49 points left to use after weigh in,  I decided to spread it out among the 7 days. I will still be banking any points I do not use past the 43 for that day. So some days maybe will be 43  other may be 46 or more.   I think this fits in better with the MFP philosophy of having spike days and not the same caloric intake each day. My points will be posted in the section on the diary called Today's Food Notes. 

EXERCISE PLAN: Five out of seven days walk with the rollator. Started on Jan 2 and walked one house to the North. Next day one house to the South. Each week I plan to walk to the next North or  South of the one I had just finished walking to the previous week. There are 16 houses to the North of me. Not sure how many to the South of me.  By 16 weeks I should be able to make it to the end of the block going North which is where the entrance gate is located. Have no idea where I will be heading South in 16 weeks  but it will be fun to find out.  I didn't see a listing for walking with a rollator so I am using the walking with crutches.  Right now the walk to the next door neighbors house takes me 15 minutes due to the disability I have. It is a miracle I am getting one foot in front of the other, yet to be doing this for 15 minutes.  By the time I am done I am so out of breath you would have thought I ran a marathon. As for the pain level it is through the roof.   I so badly want to sit down on the rollator seat but I push myself not to do that until I walked through the front door. I am sure as the weeks go on this will be much easier. What I would really like to do is get myself a personal coach someplace and also get a tricycle. We will see if this is the year I am able to do so.

Not much else until next time.  Stay Warm, Happy and Healthy.

No comments: