Saturday, June 29, 2013

Got a different Tricycle - I Love It


Hi Everyone
I was so disappointed on Sunday when I tried to go biking again on my trike. Earlier in the day I did 1 1/2 laps around the block. This time  I couldn't go beyond the 5 houses from my house . So I turned around than on the way back to my house the seat  went backwards. It didn't break it just slipped backwards and I had to walk the trike back. Greg tried numerous times during the week to tighten the seat and we even tried new seats but nothing worked right. I was telling my good friend Mimi about the trike and problems we were having.  She stated I should have gotten a Miami Sun not a Schwinn. She even told me the Bike store where I could find the Tricycle.
Saturday Greg and I went to Family Bikes and Al was so very nice to us. Al had a red Miami Sun and I could tell just by looking at it that this trike was made for me.  The trike was a 24 instead of 26, the pass thru was much lower, the seat was a huge saddle seat  with a U bracket that would prevent it from tilting backwards.  The saddle seat I am sure wouldn't hurt me like that uncomfortable nose seat on the Schwinn which hurt my private parts.  Al asked if I would like to try it outside and I said I sure do. He mentioned he had to lower the sea tand the U bracket. I was not sure I would even get on it but by standing on my electric scooter I did get on it.  I loved the size of the seat and the extra support. Pedaling the trike was easier than the Schwinn. I didn't hesitate a minute and told Al I wanted it.  I also bought some fierce looking red and yellow lighting rod and skull handle grips.  Al drove the trike in his van back to the house for me. I thought that was very nice.  After Greg put the trike on the patio we went to Walmart to grocery shop, return 2 of the 3 bike seats we bought. Here is the new trike.
After we got back from from Walmart  I triked 1.02 miles  It was late so we ate and spent the rest of the night watching Tv. Sunday we went triking around noon and I went 1.33 miles.  Six hours later I went triking again 1.14 for a total of 2.47 miles. I burned 637 calories. It felt fantastic.Monday I went to youfit. That will be the next writing.  Please comment if your reading my blog,
Till than my friends Stay Healthy and Happy.

No comments: