Saturday, August 29, 2015

END OF THE YEAR 2014

It is Monday Dec 29 2014. For the last 6 weeks  I have done nothing! How sad is that to have to admit I fell off the wagon and didn't even care until yesterday. I haven't even changed my tickers and know that I should.  I became discouraged as I had not been losing like I thought I should have been. I hosted a Football Birthday party on Nov 7th and since that day I have not really been on the program like I should have been. Yes  I was still eating NS foods every now and then but I also ate all kinds of  junk foods.
Yesterday I got on the scale as it was long overdue.  I knew I had to do it even though I would not like the results.  The scale  read 370 which is up 12 pounds from what I had lost. So since June 1st till now I only lost 20 pounds. Those 20 pounds lost were very difficult for me to lose and it was a slow process and it came off in small increments. I really do not even feel a difference  with those additional 20 pounds gone. I am very Thankful I am not still 497 pounds which is what I was in 2006 but I am not where I want to be for 2015. A total of  127 pounds gone in 9 years and I am still obese, tired all the time and can't walk or do much of anything let alone fit into store bought clothing. In 2016 I am going to be 60 years old. I can't see myself functioning at this weight when I am 60.

I am  making a promise to myself and in writing here today Dec 29th 2014 that
1. I will follow the NS plan so I can get below 250 by Jan 24 2016. I am secretly hoping it will be below 200. However I am afraid to set it at that number because I have failed so many times before.  I don't want to face humiliation again if I don't make it below 200, so I am shooting for 250. I always have the option to change that goal later in 2015 if I see I am losing beyond the 250.
2. I will change my weight loss ticker to show the recent weight increase.
3. I will change my exercise ticker from Nov to Jan.
4. I will look for and join a weight loss only challenge group as I can't do all the exercise challenges other groups do. 
5. I will get back to biking on my Tricycle 4 times a week as soon as this cold I have is gone.   I can hardly breath so getting on the Tricycle isn't possible today but as soon as this cold is gone I promise to get back into biking again.
This weight loss journey has got to come to an end. I have to lose this remaining weight  for the kind of life I wish to lead as an older citizen. Being alone I do not have any family support and my fat friends will not offer any support either. So I am asking for your support if you are reading this. I know I have to get back into my June 2014 group and other groups I had joined but was not very actively involved in. I just hope and pray they will understand my absence and welcome me back.   I hope some of  you will check back on my profile to see that I followed through on changing the tickers and started to biking and offer support as you see fit.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you have a Wonderful, Healthy 2015! 
Posted Monday, Dec 29, 2014 10:06 AM on the NS site

No comments: