Saturday, August 29, 2015

First 2 months of 2015


Today is the last day of Feb. I just re-read my last posting which was in Dec and thought now would be a good time to post on what I did these past 2 months and if I kept my promise:

I am  making a promise to myself and in writing here today Dec 29th 2014 that
1. I will follow the NS plan so I can get below 250 by Jan 24 2016. I am secretly hoping it will be below 200. However I am afraid to set it at that number because I have failed so many times before.  I don't want to face humiliation again if I don't make it below 200, so I am shooting for 250. I always have the option to change that goal later in 2015 if I see I am losing beyond the 250. 
Am following the weekend off plan. However I don't do the weekend off  I do a meal or two off of the NS food but try to follow the NS plan. There were a few times I had eaten completely off the plan and did gain a pound on Feb 8th and again on Feb 22nd. However for these past 2 months I lost a total of 15 pounds.

2. I will change my weight loss ticker to show the recent weight increase. 
I did change my weight loss ticker to show the Nov/Dec weight gain and gains in Feb as well.

3. I will change my exercise ticker from Nov to Jan. 
I did change my exercise ticker for Jan and Feb.However only exercised the last week of Feb. See promise 5 as to why.

4. I will look for and join a weight loss only challenge group as I can't do all the exercise challenges other groups do.
I joined a weight loss challenge group as you can see the badges on my postings. Starting tomorrow (March) they have included a exercise badge. It came at the right month as I just this week started riding my tricycle again. 

5. I will get back to biking on my Tricycle 4 times a week as soon as this cold I have is gone.   I can hardly breath so getting on the Tricycle isn't possible today but as soon as this cold is gone I promise to get back into biking again.
I had hurt my right hand really badly and couldn't hold the handlebars let alone anything else for about 3 weeks. I started triking again the last week in Feb and did go 6.9 miles in 4 days. My room mate usually rides with me but he couldn't seem to get his back wheel on his bike unlocked so I told him to use my electric mobility device as I wanted to trike and he did go with me. We still need to find out why that back wheel will not move. My exercise ticker is ready for March and my plans are to ride my tricycle 5 days per week and ride at least 20 miles this Month.
One thing I would like to add which was not a goal was that I made NS Meal Cards to help me keep track of what foods I ate daily. I made a card for each NS Meal and 5 cards for my PF and SC and vegetables. They are in an opened holder box on the refrigerator. Each time I go to the refrigerator or pantry I take one of the appropriate cards and move it to the back of the box. So when the cards are back to NS breakfast and it is 9 pm I know I have nothing left to eat but vegetables.  I am finding this so much easier to use than Myfitnesspal.  That logging drove me crazy and almost caused me to stop the program all together. I never did like the NS charting either. So I had to come up with something that would work for me. If by some chance you are interested in knowing more about these meal cards please feel free to email me. 
*******************************************************************************
So as you can see I did pretty much keep my promises and I am feeling great about the fact that I did. I have been on the plan this time since June 2014 and I had set a goal back then to stay with the plan for 6 months, then re-evaluate the situation to see whether I wanted to continue.  I was very unsure what I was going to do especially when I had gained some weight during the Holidays. However the New Year came and after much soul searching I decided to stay with the program. I promised myself I would:
1. get to my long term goal of losing 247 pounds (long term goal weight 250) by my Birthday in Jan 2016. I am still 105 pounds from that goal. I sure hope I can make that goal.
2.  overall long term goal is to eventually lose 307 pounds to get down to 190. I have no date set for that goal yet. When I get to the long term goal I will start thinking about setting a date for the overall goal.
3. short term goal lose 5 pounds or more by the end of March so I can meet my short term goal of losing 40 pounds since June 2014. I originally had this goal set for March 5th but because I goofed off during the Holidays I doubt that I will lose the 5 pounds in 5 days to meet that goal. 

4. short term goal  to continue to ride my trike so I can meet my goal of 20 miles in March, get and keep that exercise badge each week in this challenge I am involved in.


This about wraps up my promises for this year and month. I thank you for reading my posting and making any comments. I hope you will come back and visit often to see my progress through the Spring. Until than Stay Healthy and Happy!!

Posted Saturday, Feb 28, 2015 on the NS site

No comments: