Saturday, August 29, 2015

MAY/JUNE

Hi Everyone

So the last time I posted was in April weighing 349 pounds. I continued with NS off and on for all of May once again gaining weight and ended the month at 352. In June a guy I had chatted with back in 2012 (had arranged a meeting with him, but he canceled the night of the meeting) contacted me again. He told me he had weighed over 500 back in 2012 and since then had the sleeve surgery and had lost 150 pounds. He wanted to lose even more but this time was willing to meet. When we meet we spoke of the surgery and the weight I have been able to lose on my own-145. After he left I wanted more  information so I went back to bariatricpal where I had been posting in 2008 when I tried to get the lapband but was turned down by insurance.  I did some extensive research about the sleeve and when I saw my PCP in June I told him I wanted to check into  the WLS.   I asked to be referred to the same Dr as my friend and that Dr was on my plan. After filing out pages of information I finally met with Dr Vaughan on  June 17th. 

He was impressed with the 145 pounds I had lost on my own and asked why I didn't want to continue with that plan. When I responded it took me over 8 years to lose that weight he began to understand.  HE told me my insurance requires a 5 month supervised diet, a psych eval and various other testing. I told the Dr I thought I had a hernia and he wanted a catscan.  He told me to continue with the NS plan, get the catscan and see him again in July. 

I am getting tired and it is time for bed, so tomorrow I will write a posting about July and Aug. So until tomorrow gave a healthy and happy night. 

No comments: